Thursday, January 12, 2006

On the Road (Rail) Again


I had a wonderful time visiting hoagie boy and Mrs. H. this week. It's always hard to leave after visiting some of your best friends, but it's time for me to be moving on. First back to Vermont for a few days and then on to India! I am on the Amtrak Ethan Allen Express which goes from New York City up into Vermont. I think they put the "Express" part in there just to make you laugh because we do stop an awful lot. But I do love taking the train and am glad Amtrak serves Vermont. This trip is beautiful because it is along the water--I think the Hudson? It makes me feel very lucky and appreciative because I can sit back, relax, listen to some music, play around on my computer, eat a snack, and in five hours or so be back in Vermont. I think we forget sometimes that not many people in this world have the luxury of traveling freely and relatively cheaply and safely.

In hoagie boy's spirit I'll let you know the last ten songs I've listened to:

"Where is the Love?" Black Eyed Peas
"Into the Dark" Ben Lee
"Man of Constant Sorrow" Bob Dylan
"Banana Pancakes" Jack Johnson
"Jackson" Johnny Cash and June Carter
"Wish You Were Here (Live)" Roger Waters
"Strong Enough" Sheryl Crow
"One Horse Town" The Thrills
"Happiness is a Warm Gun" The Beatles
"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" Bob Dylan

Hope to see you on the train sometime.

*maki-girl

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger maki-girl said...

I was wondering the same thing as I wrote the list, actually. I hardly ever listen to female singers, to be honest. But I'm not sure if it's a gender thing or an environment thing or what.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home